Tuesday, August 02, 2011

The Empty Chair by Jeffery Deaver




I have always made a habit of reading only one book per year by certain novelists. On that list include my favorite "treats"; Patricia Cornwall, Stephen King, John Grisham, Jonathan Kellerman ... just to name a few. I really enjoy the books by these authors, but reading  too many of their in a short span can be like too much cheesecake. You can love the cheesecake, but one slice usually does the trick.

I feel bad about this but, Jeffery Deaver is going to have to go on my occasional "treats" list.

My husband and I discovered his books over the past year, and I read a bunch of them in a short time. Unfortunately, when you do that with a mystery author... you get to know the writing style a little too well.

So  The Empty Chair will be really absorbing for those of you new to the Lincoln Rhyme series.  In my opinion, though, The Empty Chair is not one of the best. I felt that I had to go through 300 pages until things really got humming along.

Just a bit of advice... do try the BONE COLLECTOR if your are new to Lincoln Rhyme and his lovely red haired companion, Amelia Sachs. You'll get all the backs story you need to get you started.

ENJOY!

3 out of 5 stars

THE EMPTY CHAIR on sale now at You Are What You Read Book Store

LEARN MORE:

jefferydeaver.com/

No comments: