Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A GENTLE RAIN by Deborah Smith






I am not prone to reading love stories. I like surprises and unconventional characters and the such that I usually find lacking in the "romance" formulas of pop fiction.

But, now I must jump off of my reading snob soap box and admit that GENTLE RAIN by Deborah Smith was a pleasant literary visit. I found the story to be predictable, but comforting in its predictability.

I think what captured my attention was the author's inclusion of two major adult characters who have developmental disabilities. The characters were treated with dignity and the book successfully addressed the rights of adults who have intellectual challenges.

Will I read more love popular fiction love stories?

Probably not, but if I see Deborah Smith's name on the cover...

I think I will pick up the book and take a leisurely time out from the world.




( 3 out of 5 stars)



A Gentle Rain available at You Are What You Read Book Store








No comments: